1.03.2012

Lucky Dog

I truly believe everything happens for a reason.  


Enter Lucky Dog.




Greg and I have had two boxers in our life for the last 10 almost 11 years:  Milo & Otis.  Milo and Otis were brothers, and seriously the best dogs ever.  Sadly, Otis passed away in April of 2011 leaving just Milo.  Greg and I kept telling each other that we should really get another dog before Milo passes away...you know to teach the young one "the ropes".


Not more than 24 hours after we seriously talked about getting a new dog, does Lucky show up.  And he's a boxer?  Our neighbor actually had him because she thought Lucky was Milo, and that he had escaped from our yard.  Nope not the case.  Of course, once I saw "Buddy" (that was what the neighbor had been calling him), I melted. But I had my heart guarded...I knew a dog as gorgeous as "Buddy" surely had to have a family missing him.  My neighbor who has lived here a lot longer that us was certain "Buddy" was dumped in our neighborhood because all the homes are on acreage and lots of people have farm animals...absorbing a dog...especially a cutie like "Buddy" would not be hard to do.  Looking back, I still can't even pin point how we got "Buddy" from our neighbor...it was like she let us take him to get acquainted with Milo and we just never gave him back.  I guess that's how things work in the country.  


I was still cautious though.  I searched AZ law regarding a lost/found dog...as long as I cared for an animal for at least 6 consecutive days, he was mine.  Let the countdown begin.  I took him to the vet to see if he was microchipped.  He wasn't.  I searched every single neighborhood within a 5 mile radius looking for "lost dog" posters with his sweet face.  I didn't find any.  I searched the "lost and found" section on craigslist and other lost pet sites and even put my own ad up.  I didn't find any ads matching him and no one responded to mine.  Then the 6th consecutive came and went and we officially changed his name from "Buddy" to "Lucky".  


Lucky he found us, and lucky we found him.


Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment