1.06.2012

Drink Up!

Went to Total Wine on my lunch today and got SCHOOLED by my "Old Lady" drinkin' buddies.  Those girls love their cocktails and I enjoyed learning a few things today.  


I resolve to drink more this year.  I'm a total lightweight and want to build up my tolerance a bit.  I'm a cheap date, but sheesh...motherhood has, uh...left me rusty.


So, I don't like wine.  **GASP**  I know.  I know.  Most people look at me like I have 3 heads when I tell them I don't like it.  However, I am more willing to give it a try these days.  At a recent Christmas Party I had a Pinot Noir that I actually liked...too bad I didn't pay attention to the name.  So, my "Old Ladies" are going to help me out.  I'm such a rookie now!


Anyway, with the help of this 457 page guide, I hope to learn a few things about wine.




And, I would buy this tequila just to have the bottle. I have had a long term love-affair with anything skull, sugar skull, dia de los muertos, etc.


So, do any of you have any favorite wines this newbie might like?


Cheers!


 
Olivia

1 comment:

  1. Somehow, I missed this post. I personally like the sweeter wines. A great one is the Barefoot Moscato. Its like 9 dollars for the 1.5 liter one too at Fry's. Its easy to drink. Also, if you want bubbly, you can get a Moscato d' asti that is the bubbling sparkling sweeter wine. Its a dessert wine.. but so tasty. . . oh, and it sounds weird, but the Rossi Blush that they have in the jugs at the store (like 13 bucks for the jug) when refrigerated has a good flavor. Not too bitter and not too sweet.

    ReplyDelete